The EDC of Elkhart County, along with an Advisory Task Force made up of local business executives, has identified the following growth industries as imperative to the region’s economic growth, innovation, and global competitiveness.
Financial and Professional Services
Agriculture and Food Processing
Basic Robotics/Entry-Level Automation
The nearby presence of the University of Notre Dame, as well as Purdue University and Goshen College, gives Elkhart County an added advantage in producing a population of educated and forward-thinking innovators for the future of the high technology sector. These educational facilities incorporate several laboratories offering compelling opportunities for collaboration, research and commercialization of intellectual property.
- University of Notre Dame Gigot Center for Entrepreneurship
- Goshen College Accounting Program (Ranked 10th in the nation)
- Ivy Tech Community College Advanced Manufacturing Program
- Innovation Park at Notre Dame
- Robotics, Health & Communications Lab at Notre Dame
- Purdue Technical Assistance Program (TAP)
- Purdue University Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- Business Studies & Entrepreneurship Programs at Goshen College