Date(s) – October 14, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
This hands-on course teaches how to link and balance manufacturing operations to reduce lead times, minimize work-in-progress (WIP) optimize floor space usage and improve productivity. The instructor will lead participants through a proven and reliable methodology for designing and implementing work cells. This training applies to both assembly and machine-based processes.
- Describe the characteristics and benefits of cellular/flow manufacturing
- Group manufactured products into product families
- Establish takt time for a product family
- Conduct a review of a work sequence
- Combine work to balance a production process
- Design an effective cell layout.