Date(s) – April 14, 2021
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
This course will explain the terminology of finance and the tools available so you’ll have a better understanding of what drives your organization’s bottom line.
- Introduction: finance terminology and tools.
- How to interpret the following financial statements:
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- Cash flow
- Understanding how capital expenditures are accounted for on financial statements and the difference from cash outlay.
- How to identify, measure and incorporate risk and return into capital budgeting decisions.
- Foundation for budgeting: the common types and the differences between them.
Note: The class includes Excel-based exercises. Please bring your laptop with you. Otherwise, MEP will have a few “loaners” available.