Date(s) – May 13, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Quick changeover is a lean manufacturing technique that can improve manufacturing efficiency by significantly decreasing changeover time. Quicker changeovers can reduce manufacturing costs and increase flexibility.
In this workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of set-up reduction in applying quick-change thinking to any type of setup or industry. This training focuses on attaining quick changeover through the systematic elimination of the internal components of a setup, while streamlining the final procedure.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of quick changeover and setup reduction concepts and principles
- Know how each step of the changeover improvement process contributes to setup reduction or elimination
- Document all the tasks or elements that make up an existing changeover process
- Apply the Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) system to analyze changeover tasks and identify improvements
- Implement quick changeover improvements and monitor results
- Develop a plan to standardize improvements
Manufacturing personnel, including technicians, engineers, and managers.