I want to…
* Source: US Chamber of Commerce, Martin Lefkowitz
Our Advancement Team
Your Dollars at Work
As a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, the Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County is funded by our county, city and town governments, private businesses, banks, and utility companies.
- Preserve existing industries and jobs which make us successful
- Diversify businesses seeking to expand and establish in Elkhart County
- Increase the skill level of our workforce
The Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County is a 5o1(c)(3) not-for-profit organization assisting in job creation, investment, workforce, image, and talent for people in Elkhart County. Founding in 2001, it has helped create thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in investments benefitting over 200,000 members of our community.
Major Program Areas
- Attracting Diversified Businesses
- Business Retention
- Marketing & Image Enhancement
- Workforce Retention & Training
- Efficiency Process Improvement
- Created 29,240 new jobs since 2001
- Facilitated new investment in Elkhart County since 2001 totaling $2,341,552,011
- Produced 125 million in new capital investment in 2019 with 932 jobs created.
- Business Facilities Magazine ranked the Elkhart-Goshen MSA #1 in Manufacturing for mid-sized MSA’s in 2019.
- Ranked #4 in the country by the Walton Foundation’s “Most Dynamic Metropolitans” in 2019
- Created a skills enhancing program to assist companies with employee retention by offering training courses in the areas of Lean, Leadership and Quality through a partnership with Purdue MEP. To date, a total of 1,212 local Hoosiers have taken a training class and 182 local and regional companies have benefitted from this program.
Thank you to all our investors for continuing to support innovation, market diversification, the creation of jobs and improved quality of life throughout Elkhart County.
1st Source Bank Foundation
Our Mission is to create an economically vibrant community by recruiting, retaining, and strengthening our economic base; being a catalyst for diversification, innovation, and economic change.
The EDC of Elkhart County will leverage our entrepreneurial spirit, expertise and regional resources to develop a more prosperous community through a diversified, resilient and knowledge based economy.