Date(s) – June 15, 2018
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
This program offers you an opportunity to experience first-hand how the 5S System reduces waste in the mounting plate assembly area of a simulated production facility. Participants learn the concepts of the 5S System and then apply them to transform a cluttered, disorganized production area into a clean and orderly workplace.
- Describe differences in workplace appearance and functionality before and after the 5S process has been applied.
- Perform an in-depth audit of workplace organization and standardization through use of a Workplace Scan.
- Organize a workplace by applying the concepts of Sort, Set in Order, and Shine.
- Standardize procedures to maintain and control an organized workplace using visual controls.
- Explain methods to apply the fifth concept, Sustain.
- Describe how 5S can help to improve workplace environmental health and safety.
Registration is closed for this event.