Date(s) – September 24, 2019
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
In this one-day course, we’ll guide your organization in developing and writing effective corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) reports. An effective CAPA system allows your organization to not only eliminate problems, but also ensure they don’t occur again.
What you’ll learn:
- The definition of problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Structured problem-solving techniques
- When corrective action is needed.
- The differences between “corrective action” and “preventive action”.
- How to complete a corrective action and preventive action report.
Quality, engineering and manufacturing personnel.
Meet the Instructor:
Scott has a Bachelor degree from Purdue University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Indiana Wesleyan University. Scott has approximately 40 years’ experience in manufacturing quality assurance with various roles such as Quality Supervisor, Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, and ISO Management Representative. Scott has also maintained roles in production and in logistics both in procurement and warehouse administration. Scott has maintained a role as Adjunct Faculty for Indiana Wesleyan University for many years teaching Statistics, Operations Management, Seminar on Quality, and Ethics, Law, and Leadership for the adult education MBA program and managerial and personal finance for the adult education undergraduate program.
Skills & Expertise:
- Statistics and Statistical Problem Solving
- ISO 9001
- Lean Manufacturing
- Food Safety
- Customer Complaint Resolution
- Control Plans
- Standardized Work
- Good Manufacturing Practices