Date(s) - April 30, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
- Review measures of central tendency and variability such as mean, median, mode, range, variance, and standard deviation.
- Explain the differences between common cause variation and special cause variation.
- Introduction to control charts and types of control charts.
- Describe the elements of a control chart, including the process location and control limits and how they’re calculated.
- Explain the difference between control limits and specification limits.
- Create and interpret I/MR and Xbar & R control charts.
- Review rules for statistical process control and how to interpret control charts.
- Identify if special cause variation is present in a control chart.
- Understand the difference between performance and capability indices.
- Define process capability and interpret performance and capability values. Calculate PR, Pp, Ppk, CR, Cp, and Cpk
This class is part of Purdue MEP’s Quality Core Tools Series (SPC, MSA, APQP/FMEA and Control Plans/PPAP) which helps you navigate requirements from IATF 16949 (final series test and Purdue University Certificate of Learning included.)
Meet the Instructor:
Sharon Ohman – Quality Improvement Specialist
Sharon manages our QT9 Quality Management System. She coordinates and conducts Internal Audits for MEP’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. She delivers IATF 16949:2016, ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Training and Quality Core Tool courses. She implements IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and conducts Gap Analysis and Internal Audits for IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015.
Sharon has 26 years of manufacturing experience including product engineering, process engineering, quality engineering, program management and quality management. Sharon has manufacturing experience with small and medium sized Indiana companies (Trelleborg Automotive and Small Parts Inc.) and experience in various industries (automotive, consumer appliance and electrical). Sharon holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University.
Skills & Expertise:
- Certified Lead Auditor for IATF 16949:2016
- Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2015
- Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 14001:2015
- Proficient in APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, & SPC
Registration is closed for this event.