Date(s) – September 23, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
This workshop offers participants an opportunity to experience first-hand how a 5S System can reduce waste in a simulated production facility. Participants learn the concepts of the 5S System – Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain – and then apply them to transform a cluttered, disorganized, inefficient production area into an orderly and productive workplace.
The outcome is more than just a clean work area. The workshop shows participants how a 5S System can increase the value-added output per worker, with improvements in productivity, safety, and quality with savings going right to the bottom line.
– Describe differences in workplace appearance and functionality before and after the 5S process has been applied.
– Perform an in-depth audit of workplace organization and standardization through use of a Workplace Scan.
– Organize a workplace by applying the concepts of Sort, Set in Order, and Shine.
– Standardize procedures to maintain and control an organized workplace using visual controls.
– Explain methods to apply the fifth concept, Sustain.
– Describe how 5S can help to improve workplace environmental health and safety.
Manufacturing personnel, including technicians, engineers, and manager.