Date(s) – June 5, 2018
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Advanced Product Quality Planning, or APQP, is a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to ensure that a product satisfies the customer. APQP is commonly used in the automotive industry. In this workshop, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of APQP as described by AIAG by learning about the APQP process as well as tools and activities, including FMEA and control plans.
Production Part Approval Process, or PPAP, is standardized process that helps manufacturers and suppliers communicate and approve production designs and processes before, during, and after manufacture. It is commonly used in the automotive and aerospace industries. In this workshop, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of PPAP as described by AIAG by learning about the PPAP process and requirements. A control plan is a written description of the systems used to minimize process and product variation. In this workshop, you’ll learn about control plans as described by AIAG, including the benefits of control plans, their format and content, and how they relate to APQP.
Objectives for APQP:
- Define advanced product quality planning and describe its purpose.
- List the benefits of APQP
- Describe the APQP process and the goal, tasks and activities of each step.
- Explain the purpose and goal of failure mode and effects analysis, measurement system analysis, production part approval process and control plans.
Objectives for PPAP:
- Define production part approval process and describe its purpose
- List the benefits of PPAP
- Describe the PPAP process and requirement
Registration is closed for this event.