Date(s) - September 27, 2023
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Organizations today want employees with effective communication skills, or the ability to clearly send and receive messages to and from others.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to effectively communicate verbally and nonverbally as well as how to listen for maximum understanding. You can expect to leave this workshop with a better understanding of your own communication strengths and opportunities as well as practical ideas for improving your own communication.
- List the three channels of communication and what each consists of.
- Identify which channels of communication most affect communication.
- List common barriers to communication.
- Describe how to communicate effectively across generations or cultures.
- List the three parts of a message.
- Identify the three levels of listening.
- Explain the two listening tools: paraphrasing and empathic listening.
- List guidelines for active listening.
Intended audience: New and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their communication and listening skills.
Workshop length: 4 hours
Location: Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County, 300 NIBCO Parkway, Suite 201, Elkhart, IN
Price: $99 per person
Register by: SEPTEMBER 21, 2023
To Register: Click here for more information and to register.