Date(s) - October 21, 2020
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Organizations today want employees with effective communication skills, or the ability to clearly send and receive messages to and from others. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally as well as how to listen for maximum understanding. You can expect to leave this workshop with a better understanding of your own communication strengths and opportunities as well as practical ideas for improving your own communication.
- Define the essence of effective communication.
- Identify common communication problems to avoid.
- Review and self-assess the key skills of effective communication.
- Plan steps that will help you be a better listener.
- Use “empathic listening” to successfully deal with employee concerns/issues.
- Assess your own listening skills and identify areas in which you can improve.
Registration is closed for this event.