Date(s) – June 24, 2021
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Companies are focusing more on the critical role and value the workforce plays in the success of their organizations. Leaders and employees need to recognize that they all have to work together as a diverse, cohesive team to achieve top-level organizational performance. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) plays a role in helping us work more effectively as a team and thus as an organization. This course helps you understand how our brains work when it comes to unconscious biases and how to overcome those biases to be a more productive team.
– Define the terms, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA).
– Understand the benefits of IDEA.
– Define unconscious bias and describe how it contributes to poor performance.
– Identify and minimize barriers to effectively implementing IDEA.
– Deploy strategies for implementing and maintaining IDEA in the workplace.
Intended Audience: anyone in a leadership role within their organization, as well as individual contributors to the organization