Date(s) - April 24, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is a symbolic language that is used on engineering drawings to specify features of a part, including the size, shape, form, and orientation. GD&T was created to improve quality, reduce cost, and ensure that mating parts are assembled properly.
In this course, participants will learn the language of GD&T, interpret GD&T drawings, and perform hands-on exercises to practice what they have learned.
– Explain the history of GD&T.
– Explain the benefits of using GD&T.
– Describe when GD&T is used.
– Define “datum” and explain the use of datums.
– Interpret feature control frames, including geometric tolerance symbols,
tolerance information, material condition modifiers, and datum references.
– Quality control/assurance technicians and inspectors; other manufacturing personnel
whose jobs require the reading of engineering drawings and are new to manufacturing.
– Individuals with limited or no knowledge of GD&T
Registration is closed for this event.