Date(s) - May 7, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
- Define MSA, describe its purpose and review relevant terminology
- Describe the importance of traceability to International Standards
- Determine sources of measurement system variation
- Review general concepts for assessing measurement systems
- Describe methods to do Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility – Range, Average & Range, ANOVA
- Explain how to interpret Gage R&R results
- Complete a Gage R&R analysis
- Demonstrate the use of calipers and micrometers
- Explain the purpose of gage blocks, attribute gages, and other measurement tools used in manufacturing
- Explain the purpose of validation and calibration of measurement tools
*This class is part of Purdue MEP’s Quality Core Tools Series (SPC, MSA, APQP/FMEA and Control Plans/PPAP) which helps you navigate requirements from IATF 16949 (final series test and Purdue University Certificate of Learning included.)
Meet the Instructor:
Sharon Ohman – Quality Improvement Specialist
Sharon manages our QT9 Quality Management System. She coordinates and conducts Internal Audits for MEP’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. She delivers IATF 16949:2016, ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Training and Quality Core Tool courses. She implements IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and conducts Gap Analysis and Internal Audits for IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015.
Sharon has 26 years of manufacturing experience including product engineering, process engineering, quality engineering, program management and quality management. Sharon has manufacturing experience with small and medium sized Indiana companies (Trelleborg Automotive and Small Parts Inc.) and experience in various industries (automotive, consumer appliance and electrical). Sharon holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University.
Skills & Expertise:
- Certified Lead Auditor for IATF 16949:2016
- Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2015
- Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 14001:2015
- Proficient in APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, & SPC
Registration is closed for this event.