Date(s) - April 14, 2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
Print Reading for Manufacturing
APR 14, 2022
8:00 AM-4:00 PM
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF ELKHART COUNTY
300 NIBCO PARKWAY
ELKHART, IN 46516
Registration deadline: SUNDAY, APRIL 10, 2022 11:59 PM
This workshop provides an introduction to reading and interpreting engineering prints and technical drawings used for manufacturing. You will practice what you have learned through multiple realistic hands-on activities.
- Describe the basic structure and elements of a manufacturing print.
- Describe and identify the types of lines used on prints and the purpose of each.
- Describe and recognize the views typically included on prints.
- Explain how dimensions are indicated on prints.
- Explain the purpose and contents of assembly drawings.
- Recognize and identify symbols included on drawings, including screw threads, holes, surface finishes, and welding symbols.
Intended audience: All manufacturing personnel, including operators, technicians, and supervisors
Workshop length: 8 hours