Date(s) – October 6, 2020
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Conflict is a common problem in any organization that has people. Often, leaders are uncomfortable dealing with conflict because they do not have a process that keeps emotions under control. The good news is that an understanding of conflict, why it occurs, and how to manage it can help you turn a conflict situation into a positive opportunity for improvement. Participants will also have the opportunity to identify the key skills that they can practice to improve their ability to handle conflict in a productive way.
- Explain why conflict occurs.
- Recognize effective and ineffective ways of handling conflict.
- Apply the correct conflict style to use when in various conflict situations.
- Apply knowledge of the three stages of conflict to prevent unnecessary escalations.
- Explain how listening styles can affect conflict resolution.
- Plan for hands-on application steps to practice key skills to deal with conflict situations.