Date(s) - July 24, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
In this full day course new and experienced managers will learn to:
- Explain why conflict occurs.
- Recognize effective and ineffective ways of handling conflict.
- Apply the correct conflict style to use when in various conflict situations.
- Apply knowledge of the three stages of conflict to prevent unnecessary escalations.
- Explain how listening styles can affect conflict resolution.
- List best practices for mediating and directly confronting employees.
- Understand the characteristics of the Veterans/Traditionalist, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y
- Explore employee motivation throughout the generations
- Provide tips on working effectively with the Millennial Generation
These are the last two classes in a 4-class leadership mini-series: 1. Effective Communication & Listening/ 2. Becoming A Leader (5/14) and 3. Productive Conflict Resolution/ 4. Managing Across Generations (7/24)
Meet the Instructor:
Joe McMurry – Peer Group Solutions Consultant
Joe serves as the Peer Group Solutions Consultant for Purdue MEP. In this role, he is responsible for the development and implementation of CEO Roundtables for small and mid-sized companies throughout the state. Joe oversees Purdue MEP’s ExporTech offering, a national export assistance program that helps companies enter or expand in global markets. In addition, he provides Purdue MEP clients with Leadership Development and Training services.
Joe has held several executive positions overseeing all aspects of business, including: operations/manufacturing, engineering, hardware and software development, quality assurance, project management, purchasing, material control and distribution, organizational development and human resources, sales and marketing, contract negotiation and accounting.
Joe also teaches undergraduate courses in organizational leadership and industrial technology at Purdue University for both traditional and nontraditional students.
Joe has a Master’s in Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN, and a Bachelor of Science in General Management, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management, West Lafayette, IN.
Skills & Expertise:
- Global Indy Council member
- IN District Export Council
- Outstanding Lecturer
- Project Management
- Product development
- Quality assurance
- Organizational development
- Human Resurces
- Sales and marketing
- Contract negotiations
Registration is closed for this event.