Date(s) – January 28, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
Project management, with its many tools, techniques, and activities, can be intimidating and complex. In this workshop, you’ll learn project management basics and gain a solid foundation to (or continue to) build your project management skills.
Topics covered: project life cycle; key tasks and tools for project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling; and keys to project success. You’ll also have an opportunity to assess your project management skills as well as practice using key project management tools.
– Define “project management;” describe different approaches to project management.
– Describe a project life cycle.
– List key activities/tasks in each phase of the project life cycle.
– Describe key tools used at each phase of the project life cycle.
– List best practices for managing a project.
Engineers, technicians, team leaders, and other personnel who have responsibility for managing projects; no experience in project management is required.