Date(s) – March 11, 2020
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
EDC of Elkhart County
In this course, you will learn how to create a value stream map (VSM) of current-state and future-state processes. Value stream mapping is a lean technique that allows you to document, analyze, and improve the events that take a product or service from its beginning through to the customer. This technique helps the manufacturer understand the total flow of the value stream, see the sources of waste, determine common language about the process, show links between information and processes, develop an improvement plan, and prioritize activities. Through creation of a VSM, you will learn how to eliminate the waste in the system and achieve dramatic improvements to your processes.
- Define “value stream” and “value stream map.”
- Describe the purpose of value stream mapping
- and how it relates to lean manufacturing.
- Describe a basic process for value stream mapping.
- Create a value stream map for a specified process.
- List the characteristics of a lean value stream.
- Identify potential improvements to a value stream map.
Manufacturing personnel, including technicians, engineers, and managers
Registration is closed for this event.