Date(s) - November 16, 2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is a symbolic language used on engineering drawings to specify features of a part, including the size, shape, form, and orientation. By implementing GD&T, manufacturers can more clearly and precisely define part requirements, improve inspection, gain business flexibility in today’s global economy, and save money.
In this introductory course, participants will gain an awareness of GD&T and the fundamental language of GD&T, interpret basic GD&T drawings, and perform hands-on exercises to practice what they have learned.
- Explain the history of GD&T.
- Explain the benefits of using GD&T.
- Describe when GD&T is used.
- Define “datum” and explain the use of datums.
- Explain GD&T rules #1 and #2.
- Interpret feature control frames, including geometric tolerance symbols, tolerance information, material condition modifiers, and datum references.
- Explain GD&T’s role in product realization.
Workshop Length: 8 hours
Cost per participant: $199.00
To register please go to: https://mep.purdue.edu/workshops-and-events/workshop-catalog-detail/?id=a3d0L000000uS0fQAE&eventid=a3Q4W000002NzLRUA0