Date(s) - November 28, 2023 - November 29, 2023
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This two-day workshop is a continuation of Purdue MEP’s Introduction to Industrial Electrical Principles and Troubleshooting, Part 1. Part 2 covers circuit protection and wire sizing, motors and motor control circuits, and transformers and includes numerous real-world examples that will help you improve your electrical troubleshooting skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Describe key elements of NEC Chapters 1-4 that apply to wiring in an industrial environment.
- Use NEC tables to determine appropriate wire sizes for various applications.
- Explain the operating principles of an induction motor.
- Interpret a motor nameplate.
- Given a motor control circuit, explain how the motor is controlled.
- List basic principles of troubleshooting AC motors.
- Explain the operating principles of a transformer.
- Interpret a transformer nameplate.
- Describe the different ways a transformer can be wired.
Individuals who have completed Purdue MEP’s Introduction to Industrial Electrical Principles and Troubleshooting, Part 1 or an equivalent.
Workshop length: 2 days/16 hours
Location: Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County, 300 NIBCO Parkway, Suite 201, Elkhart, IN
Price: $398 per person
Register by November 20, 2023